Each year at the Annual Dinner, the Chamber of Commerce takes time to honor members who have made outstanding contributions during the past year. Awards include:
- Robert M Vance Small Business of the Year- This award honors a business member of the Laurens County Chamber of Commerce with 50 or less employees. To attain this award the business must show commitment in the areas of community service, client relations, investment in employees, business ethics, and business improvement and growth.
- John P Faris Volunteer of the Year- This award is presented annually to a member of the Chamber of Commerce who demonstrates outstanding participation and leadership in Chamber activities.
- Ambassador of the Year- This award is given in recognition of outstanding service to the Chamber through the Ambassador program. Ambassadors are recognized for attendance at events, member retention and recruitment, and volunteer services for special events and projects.
- Spirit of the Chamber Award- This award was created to recognize exceptional service by an individual or individuals who support the Chamber’s mission statement to promote, strengthen and develop the business community of Laurens County by enhancing the quality of life, workforce development, tourism and marketing initiatives.
- Young Professional of the Year- This award is presented annually to a member of the Chamber’s Young Professional Organization who demonstrates outstanding participation and leadership while promoting Chamber opportunities to young leaders within our community.
- Cecil Davenport Citizenship Award- This annual award has recognized outstanding tenth grade students in Laurens County who best exemplify good citizenship. The award is not an academic one, but recognition of students who apply themselves to their studies, exhibit the ability to make mature decisions, and demonstrate a willingness to help others.
- District Teachers of the Year- The Laurens County Chamber of Commerce is pleased to recognize the Teachers of the Year from our local school districts. An educated workforce plays a pivotal role in the economic success of Laurens County. These educators display an unparalleled commitment to their profession.
- Wendy’s High School Heisman- Like The Heisman Memorial Trophy, the Wendy’s program believes in the pursuit of athletic and academic excellence with integrity. And in addition to honoring student accomplishments, the Wendy’s High School Heisman Program inspires all future high school students to pursue their higher education goals.
- Retired Members of the Board of Directors- Each year this award is presented to retired members of Laurens County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors to thank them for their years of dedicated service to our organization.