Some of the most beautiful and richly historic of the county’s buildings are its churches.
Duncan Creek Presbyterian Church, organized in 1764, is the oldest church in Laurens County, and the adjacent cemetery contains the graves of Revolutionary War soldiers.
Other eighteenth century churches are Old King’s Chapel Methodist Church (1789) and Liberty Springs Presbyterian Church (1767). The oldest church building still in use is the Episcopal Church of the Epiphany in Laurens, constructed in 1850.
View some of these and other historic buildings in our Historic Laurens County online tour.