Water Distribution Field Service Technician
This position is responsible for some of the daily required operations of the water distribution system. It will include
responding to customer needs with strong problem-solving capabilities. Complete all types of work within time
constraints to include, but not limited to:
• Read water meters for billing purposes
• Complete work order assignments related to customer requests and water service
Position Responsibilities- Essential:
Complete all required documentation timely and accurately.
• Track and schedule vehicle maintenance and cleaning as required.
• Maintain and properly store LCWSC tools and equipment.
• Stock truck for daily work assignments.
• Troubleshoot and operate mobile tablet and computer meter reading system equipment.
• Properly use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), traffic cones and safety signs as required for each job site.
• Perform Confined Space Entry.
• Safely operate tools, equipment and vehicles.
• Observe all safety rules and regulations of LCWSC.
• Perform general housekeeping duties.
• Train and take on-call duties in rotation with other staff.
• Work overtime as needed.
Position Responsibilities- Non-Essential/Other:
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Valid SC driver’s license.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Ability to walk at least ¼ mile daily.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to drive for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
• General knowledge of computers.
• Strong problem-solving skills